SUPERSTART! IS A HIGH-ENERGY WEEKEND EVENT IN WHICH PRETEENS CAN LEARN AND GROW IN THEIR RELATIONSHIPS WITH FRIENDS, LEADERS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY GOD.
February 26-25, 2022 | Grades 4-5
Your preteen won’t want to miss this year’s SuperStart tour. They will experience the incredible truth of the Gospel message through the excitement and exhilaration of a competitive escape room challenge.
At SuperStart, preteens will be challenged to take ownership of the Gospel message. They will learn that Jesus is the only key to unlock their way from sin and brokenness from God and from the life he has in store for us: walking with Him as a kingdom worker! Experience the Good News of the free gift of salvation for all — unlocked through Jesus.
But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved.Ephesians 2:4-5
Children in Grades 4-5
(Due to COVID shutdown during 2022 and early 2021, children in grade 6 welcome with special permission, if space allows. Please see Mrs. Mindy)
Friday Departure: 3 p.m. – from Lowell Church of Christ
SuperStart Conference: Fri. 6 p.m. to Sat. 3 p.m.
Saturday Pick-Up: approx. 5:30 p.m. from LCOC (We will text when we are between 30-60 min away)
Eastview Christian Church, 1500 North Airport Rd, Normal, IL 61761
Information available to registered families.
We will stay in a hotel near to the conference location. We will have one boys room and one girls room (more to be added, if needed).
Keith & Mindy Wells, Children’s Minister. Registered families will receive contact information in the event of an emergency.
Friday Travel: Pack a snack for the road
Friday Dinner: Fast food before the conference starts
Saturday Breakfast: At hotel (preferably)
Saturday Lunch: During Plug ‘N’ Play (see below)
Saturday travel: Pack a snack from home or send $$ for gas station/fast food snacks
Saturday Dinner: At homes
$50 Early Registration for CIY (on or before Jan 16) $55 Reg Registration for CIY (after Jan 16)$60 Late Registration for CIY (after 2/11)
$11.90 Hotel Room, shared cost
$35.85 Saturday Activity/Lunch (Pizza and Trampoline Park)
$107.75 Conference Amount
$20-50 Spending Money for SuperStart Swag (Determined by parents)
$10-25 Friday Dinner/Travel Money
$135-180 Total Anticipated Cost (amount varies dependent upon the amount of “fun money” allowed)
Plug ‘N’ Play on Saturday
On Saturday, there is a space in the schedule for a Plug ‘N’ Play activity over lunchtime. We are heading to a trampoline park! Kids will be able to jump for 90 minutes and have pizza. This is a great time for group bonding and community building.
Day 1 | Friday
- 6:00 pm – Check-In Opens
- 7:00 pm – Amp-Up!
- 7:00 pm – Adult Leaders meeting
- 7:30 pm – Main Session Begins
- 9:15 pm – Small Groups
- 10:00 pm – Dismiss for Night
Day 2 | Saturday
- 8:40 am – Amp-Up!
- 9:00 am – Main Session Begins
- 10:15 am – Small Groups
- 10:30 am – Dismiss for Plug ‘N’ Play
- 1:10 pm – Amp-Up!
- 1:30 pm – Main Session Begins
- 3:00 pm – SuperStart! Dismisses
WHAT IF INCLEMENT WEATHER IS FORECAST TO IMPACT SUPERSTART?
In the rare instance that inclement weather is forecast to impact an event, the following will apply:
- No refunds will be issued for groups that do not attend an event that is held on the scheduled dates in the scheduled location.
- Christ In Youth will make every effort to hold all events as scheduled and will communicate with registered groups if there are changes to the schedule. Group leaders along with church leadership are responsible for making appropriate determinations about the safety of traveling to an event location.
- Unless required by government agencies or venue closure, Christ In Youth will not terminate an event once it begins. If an event must be terminated because of government action or venue closure, CIY will not refund registration fees for the event.
- If prior to beginning, an event is canceled or rescheduled, registered groups will be given the option to attend a rescheduled date, transfer to another location on the same tour or receive a refund of their registration fees. CIY is not responsible for any expenses the church may incur outside of registration costs paid to CIY.
COVID-19 EVENT REQUIREMENTS
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, CIY will follow the requirements/standards of the venue and region. Requirements for this event include:
- Attendees will be expected to wear masks during times indoors. This includes main sessions and small group time.
- CIY will ask churches to conduct symptom checks prior to arrival on Friday and again Saturday morning.
- CIY is working with venues to ensure seating arrangements have space for groups to spread out.
- If someone has symptoms or tests positive, they cannot return to the event. It is the churches responsibility to arrange transportation home.