Registration for 2021 Life Groups is now open. Sign up for a Life Group today!
Life Group FAQs!
- What is a Life Group? A Life Group is made up of 3-12 people who want to share life through Biblical community by pursuing the common goal of growing to be more like Jesus. The main focuses will include: Christ-centered worship, encouragement, application of the word, and planning for effective outreach to the lost.
- Are all Life Groups the same? No way! We have different groups because our church is made up of all kinds of people. There will be youth Life Groups, groups that have families with children and even groups that are adult only.
- Why should I join a life Group? First, we all understand the Bible better when connected to a Life Group. These groups give you the freedom to discuss and ask questions concerning the text. Second, you won’t be just another face in the crowd. Life Groups allow you to get to know other believers in a more personal way. We want everyone to know they belong and are important to the body of Christ. Third, your prayer life will take on new meaning as the relationships deepen within your Life Group.
- Do I have to be a member of LCOC to join a Life Group? NO.
- How often and on which days do Life Groups meet? Most groups will meet 2-4 times a month. We have groups that meet every day of the week except Sunday. Check the list of Life Groups being offered to find the group that fits your schedule. Life Groups generally meet anywhere from 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Where do Life Groups meet? Most of our groups will be meeting in homes, while some may use the church building. Your Life Group may choose to rotate meeting places periodically, and your leaders will keep you informed of any changes.
- Is childcare available? All studies are geared towards adults. Every family and group will handle childcare in their own way. Child Friendly Homes = homes who welcome families with children. These homes might consider pooling resources to share a babysitter or make other arrangements. Each group will make this decision together. Please be sure to check with your Life Group leader if you have questions.